Organic search generates 53.3% of all web traffic. DesignRush interviewed SEO experts about tips for attracting more organic traffic this holiday season.
, /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — BrightEdge reported that organic search is the dominant digital channel, accounting for 53.3% of web traffic. 49% of marketers also say it provides the highest return, according to a search engine journal survey. This makes it essential for small businesses to invest in a good SEO strategy.
DesignRush, a B2B marketplace that connects businesses with agencies, leveraged its 16,000 agency-strong network for quick insights—or “QuickSights”—on how small businesses can stand out online and drive more organic visitors to their websites this holiday season.
1) DO KEYWORD RESEARCH & SEARCH BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS
According to Consumr Buzz CEO Jeffrey Diebner, a good SEO strategy for small businesses starts with keyword research and an understanding of user search patterns.
“The first step is to research related keywords. Use free search tools like Google Search Console to get this data,” said Diebner. “Then you can use a tool like Google Trends to study the peaks and valleys of last year’s holiday patterns to get an idea of when people are searching for your products or services. This will give you a solid foundation of keyword usage that you’ll use to optimize your website.”
WriterArmy CEO and founder Sully Chaudhary suggests developing a personal brand to build trust.
“Work on personalized branded content during the holidays to drive more sales,” said Chaudhary. “Build content for founders/co-founders and sellers with useful information and promotions combined. 74% of Americans trust a person with a remarkable personal brand, and I expect that number to rise even more.”
3) CREATE ORIGINAL CONTENT FOR AFFILIATED PRODUCTS
As explained by Christine Wetzler, founder and president of Pietryla PR & Marketing companies should avoid copying product information in order for the content to rank better.
“Be thoughtful and original with your content if you use affiliate links and product information,” Wetzler said. “It’s pretty common to use submitted product information around the holidays. There’s a misconception that affiliate links hurt SEO, but that’s only if you use them with repetitive content, like cutting and pasting from a product description. If the content adds value and is relevant, Google doesn’t mind an affiliate link.”
4) TARGET HOLIDAY RELATED KEYWORDS & USE SEMANTIC KEYWORDS
For Content Spotlight founder Somnath Roy, businesses will see an increase in organic traffic when they strategically use keywords in their posts.
“SEO agencies should focus on creating new blog posts that promote different products relevant to the holiday season and target appropriate keywords,” said Roy. “These keywords should be well researched and carefully chosen, and LSI semantic keywords should also be included in the article. These posts should be able to bring in significant organic traffic to the site and increase engagement.”
5) CREATE A CUSTOMER JOURNEY MAP
Director of Commerce and Site Development Michelle Fouche notes that an effective user map can help keep organic visitors engaged with the site.
“Map out the exact path visitors will follow when they land on your site,” Fouche said. “If you want them to shop, organize your products so they’re easy to find. Don’t lose sales because visitors are forced to try to understand your site’s layout or sales process. The more links to your sales pages, the better.”
6) INDICATE YEAR IN TITLES TO INDICATE THAT TO BE CURRENT
Mouna El Maazouzi, SEO team member at Howdy Code, notes that updated posts are more likely to attract visitors.
“Our advice would be to add ‘year’ at the end of your post titles; for example, having 2023 in the titles attracts the reader’s attention, especially [since] the new year is just around the corner,” said Maazouzi. “It shows that you have the latest information; therefore, it increases the click-through rate of your articles, which then results in improved rankings.”
DesignRush identified the best small business SEO companies that can help organizations build an online presence and rise above the competition.
The best SEO companies for small businesses in November are:
1. Consumr Buzz – consumrbuzz.com expertise: local SEO, digital advertising, web design and more
2. Pure Code Digital Agency – purecodedigital.com expertise: digital marketing, SEO, web design and more
3. Digital Success – digitalsuccess.us Expertise: SEO, PPC, Content Marketing and more
4. Hot Local Spot – hotlocalspot.com Expertise: Local SEO, Link Building, Digital Marketing and more
5. WriterArmy – Writerarmy.com Expertise: Content Marketing, White Label SEO, Local SEO and more
6. Pietryla PR & Marketing – pietrylapr.com Expertise: Digital marketing, content creation, web development and more
7. Content Spotlight – contentspotlight.org Expertise: eCommerce SEO, Amazon SEO, Link Building and more
8. Trade and Site Development – tradelateral.co.za Expertise: Web Design, Website Audit, SEO and more
9. Howdy Code – howdycode.com Expertise: Digital marketing, web development, SEO and more
10. SEO Assistance – seoassistance.net Expertise: Local SEO, eCommerce SEO, Link Building and more
11. Diazutech – diazutech.com Expertise: Web development, SEO, digital marketing and more
12. Digital Spring – digitalspring.bg Expertise: Digital marketing, web development, SEO and more
13. Civono – civono.com Expertise: Email marketing, SEO, web development and more
14. Centaur Interactive – centauinteractive.com Expertise: Web design, PPC, SEO and more
15. ThermoDynamo – thermodynamo.com Expertise: SEO, web development, web design and more
16. DS&P Digital Marketing Agency – dial911fordesign.com Expertise: Social Media, Web Design, SEO and more
17. Regional Roar – regionalroar.com.au Expertise: Copywriting, SEO, web design and more
18. Pristine Advisers – pristineadvisers.com Expertise: Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, SEO and more
Brands can explore the best small business SEO companies by location, size, average hourly rate and portfolio on DesignRush.
DesignRush.com is a B2B marketplace that connects businesses with agencies through expert reviews and agency rankings, awards, knowledge resources and personal agency recommendations for reviewed projects.
Maja Skokleska, DesignRush, 8008565417, firstname.lastname@example.org