Some of you may have noticed you’ve received accelerated access into the new Bing preview as part of onboarding tests we’re running.
Here’s a summary of what’s changed in the product since our March 9 update:
• Adding Bing Chat and Compose to the Edge Sidebar: Users on Edge v111.0.1661.41 and newer will now see the new Bing icon in the sidebar which includes Chat and Compose experiences designed for Bing chat. These experiences will appear if you already have access to the new Bing preview—but if not, you can join the waitlist from the same location. Previously, new Bing experiences in the sidebar were only available in the Edge Dev browser version.
• Testing faster responses: We are testing an optimization on “Balanced” mode that significantly improves performance—resulting in shorter but much faster responses. Responses in the Precise & Creative tones remain unchanged.
• Increasing Chat Turns to 15/150: We’ve increased the maximum number of turns you can have in a single conversation with Bing from 10 to 15. The total number of turns per day has also increased from 120 to 150.
• Sharing chat responses: We’ve added the ability to share Bing chat responses with others in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, email, or using a persistent link.
• Improving contextual understanding: We’ve improved the ability for Bing to absorb larger amounts of context in Creative tone conversations. This expanded context window allows for better grounding, improved summarization of longer documents and pages, and longer conversations.
• Including the group in Skype chats with Bing: We announced last month that you can chat with Bing in Skype. You can now skip the line and use the Bing preview in Skype with your friends. Simply join a group chat where at least one person is approved, add Bing as a participant, and everyone can talk with it regardless of their waitlist status. To chat with Bing, simply add @Bing at the beginning of your message.
Keep your feedback coming!